Dan Smith - May 5th - Part One Dan Smith-May5-07-...
Dan Smith - May 5th - Part Two
Dan Smith-May5-07-...



UFO, ALIEN, DISCLOSURE, SERPO, SEINU, PROJECT-CAMELOT - Open Minds Forum - http://www.openmindsforum.com/
« UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed »

Jun 6, 2007, 10:20pm





UFO, ALIEN, DISCLOSURE, SERPO, SEINU, PROJECT-CAMELOT - Open Minds Forum - WWW.OpenMindsForum.com :: General :: UFO/ Alien / Exobiology :: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
« »    [Search This Thread] [Add Bookmark] [Reply] [Send Topic To Friend] [Print]
 Author Topic: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed (Read 11,305 times)
spf33
Medal of Initiative Award
*****
member is offline




[email] [send pm]

Joined: May 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 152
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
« Reply #2070 on Today at 6:02pm »

i was also going to suggest in that image that the text isn't decal like, but rather cut out of the surface of what ever material that is;

from http://www.hyper.net/ufo/rendlesham.html

"Below: Identifying markings (inscription with "hieroglyphic" symbols) measuring 6-inches high, stretch for a length of 2-feet, etched or engraved on the craft's hull. Re-created from Jim Penniston's handbook notes and official United States Air Force witness statement. Symbols on UFOs were reported in UFO cases: Roswell (of purple color on the "I-beam"), Kecksburg, Zamora Soccoro etc."


[image]
Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged
Double_Nought_Spy
Full Member
***
member is offline



*Damn* this place!


[email] [send pm]

Joined: May 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 51
Location: Colorful Colorado
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
« Reply #2071 on Today at 6:35pm »

He he! This is fun.

Well, this is about as far from a scientific journal as it is from a court of law. We are on the edge of ufology, which is a bizarre little universe unto itself, in many ways, with its own rules of evidence and its own ideas of "proof." I am not going to get into any silly arguments with people who have not done their homework, either, but I will say that anyone who claims to have seen and photographed something weird needs to offer some real evidence that they are who they say they are, for starters. We have three anonymous reports from three different places, and not a bit of real evidence that Chad, Raj, or Tahoe Wife even exist! There is email, some postings here, and what else? There is not a shred of evidence that those communications did not all come from the same person. Of course there is a person behind the Flickr account, and the postings here. Nobody is suggesting that the reports were made by a robot.


I think a lot of people here don't understand small towns, and in particular don't know what life is like for a small town cop. As the contacts at the police stations have pointed out, if something like the things in the photos were being seen by locals, you can bet your boots they would know about it. I'll bet they are particularly annoyed by things like the baseless claims here that they could not be trusted to do a real investigation, or to report honestly what they might find. Rubbish!

Edited to correct some danged typos, and to add:

There are several ways to "come forward" and keep your identity from the general public. Real UFO investigators, the ones who go to the sites and actually talk to the people involved, are very good at keeping confidential information. Reporters too. Real ones, not just some schmoe who decides to be a weekend reporter or investigator. The internet has spawned a whole mess of those pests!
« Last Edit: Today at 6:53pm by Double_Nought_Spy » Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged
zaggan
Forum Peer-Group Member
*****
member is offline




[email] [send pm]

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 164
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
« Reply #2072 on Today at 6:51pm »

Well, I must say this has been an interesting thing to follow.

My original thoughts were "it's too good to be true". And you know what that is supposed to mean.

I have formed an opinion, personal as it is, and that is that the photos are genuine, the craft real. However, I do not think it is exterrestrial, I think it belongs to the boys that brought us the O'Hare scenario. Maybe the technology that it uses might be from "other" sources, but I think the fact that the O'Hare sighting didn't produce actual photos of it may have lead whoever was behind it to do this.

And I wouldn't be surprised that the actual lettering is of alien origin. A definite human touch to decal a craft with it though.

Just my personal two cents.
Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” - Nikola Tesla
sqt
Full Member
***
member is online




[email] [send pm]

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 21
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
« Reply #2073 on Today at 7:03pm »


Today at 6:35pm, Double_Nought_Spy wrote:
He he! This is fun.

Well, this is about as far from a scientific journal as it is from a court of law. We are on the edge of ufology, which is a bizarre little universe unto itself, in many ways, with its own rules of evidence and its own ideas of "proof." I am not going to get into any silly arguments with people who have not done their homework, either, but I will say that anyone who claims to have seen and photographed something weird needs to offer some real evidence that they are who they say they are, for starters. We have three anonymous reports from three different places, and not a bit of real evidence that Chad, Raj, or Tahoe Wife even exist! There is email, some postings here, and what else? There is not a shred of evidence that those communications did not all come from the same person. Of course there is a person behind the Flickr account, and the postings here. Nobody is suggesting that the reports were made by a robot.


I think a lot of people here don't understand small towns, and in particular don't know what life is like for a small town cop. As the contacts at the police stations have pointed out, if something like the things in the photos were being seen by locals, you can bet your boots they would know about it. I'll bet they are particularly annoyed by things like the baseless claims here that they could not be trusted to do a real investigation, or to report honestly what they might find. Rubbish!

Edited to correct some danged typos, and to add:

There are several ways to "come forward" and keep your identity from the general public. Real UFO investigators, the ones who go to the sites and actually talk to the people involved, are very good at keeping confidential information. Reporters too. Real ones, not just some schmoe who decides to be a weekend reporter or investigator. The internet has spawned a whole mess of those pests!


Well said!
Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged
10538
Forum Peer-Group Member
*****
member is offline

[avatar]


[email] [send pm]

Joined: Feb 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 237
Location: California
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
« Reply #2074 on Today at 7:53pm »


Today at 3:54pm, colorsymphony wrote:
i just called the south lake tahoe police depatment inquiring if there were any strange craft or ufo reports in the past month. the first woman transfered me to another woman who when i asked her if there were any reports she instantly said "no. we would know if there were any reports because everyone would be talking about it." i couldn't argue with that so i said thank you and she said have a nice day.
:-/


The area that had the probe may not be in their jurisdiction. South Lake Tahoe is the town that borders with all of the casino resorts. The area in the photos did not look like South Lake Tahoe. It actually looked more like the north side but who knows. The sightings may have happened in the sheriff's area.


Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged
Nemo492
Forum Peer-Group Member
*****
member is offline




[homepage] [email] [send pm]

Joined: Feb 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 171
Location: Paris, France
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
« Reply #2075 on Today at 7:53pm »


Today at 6:35pm, Double_Nought_Spy wrote:
We have three anonymous reports from three different places, and not a bit of real evidence that Chad, Raj, or Tahoe Wife even exist!


Well, in fact we have 4 reports, and 2 identified witnesses : Raj and Shirley, speaking on C2C.
Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged

http://ovnis-usa.com/
astrodicted
New Member
*
member is offline




[email] [send pm]

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 9
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
« Reply #2076 on Today at 8:00pm »

This evening was my second try to find links to c2c on the internet.Tried so much words/things related to ufo it gets silly.The chance that a ufonewb would post his encounter at c2c is < 3% imho


Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged
onthefence
Medal of Initiative Award
*****
member is offline

[avatar]


[email] [send pm]

Joined: May 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 80
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
« Reply #2077 on Today at 8:02pm »

In a way I disagree with desperately hunting down the location of the witness. But the challenge of extracting more info from the electrical pole image forced me to try this 8-)

I can distinctly see a "10" at the top of the vertical label. I cannot read the other "characters" below though.

[image]

As was mentioned earlier by calikid about the horizontal "HIGH VOLTAGE" label, to me it does look like it might be just that, I can see at least an "A" in there.

[image]

Thanks to spf33 and Guest for trying this first, and as they already pointed out -- it very difficult to get something from that.
Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged

"Only the puny secrets need protecting. Big discoveries are protected by public incredulity." Marshall McLuhan
Nemo492
Forum Peer-Group Member
*****
member is offline




[homepage] [email] [send pm]

Joined: Feb 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 171
Location: Paris, France
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
« Reply #2078 on Today at 8:14pm »


Today at 8:00pm, astrodicted wrote:
This evening was my second try to find links to c2c on the internet.Tried so much words/things related to ufo it gets silly.The chance that a ufonewb would post his encounter at c2c is < 3% imho


I gave it 1 try. My guess is that a newbee would make it simple :
"radio+ufo"
C2C is #2.
Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged

http://ovnis-usa.com/
10538
Forum Peer-Group Member
*****
member is offline

[avatar]


[email] [send pm]

Joined: Feb 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 237
Location: California
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
« Reply #2079 on Today at 8:15pm »


Today at 6:35pm, Double_Nought_Spy wrote:
I think a lot of people here don't understand small towns, and in particular don't know what life is like for a small town cop. As the contacts at the police stations have pointed out, if something like the things in the photos were being seen by locals, you can bet your boots they would know about it. I'll bet they are particularly annoyed by things like the baseless claims here that they could not be trusted to do a real investigation, or to report honestly what they might find. Rubbish!


I know you are thinking this detective is Barney Fife and Capitola is like Mayberry but that is not the case. Capitola is not your usual small town. It's a touristy beach town. There are many of these "towns" that line the beach where you cannot tell when you leave one and enter another unless you saw the sign indicating it.
Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged
sqt
Full Member
***
member is online




[email] [send pm]

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 21
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
« Reply #2080 on Today at 8:33pm »


Today at 8:14pm, Nemo492 wrote:

Today at 8:00pm, astrodicted wrote:
This evening was my second try to find links to c2c on the internet.Tried so much words/things related to ufo it gets silly.The chance that a ufonewb would post his encounter at c2c is < 3% imho


I gave it 1 try. My guess is that a newbee would make it simple :
"radio+ufo"
C2C is #2.


Hmm... why add "radio" to the search?
Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged
colorsymphony
Senior Member
****
member is offline

[avatar]


[email] [send pm]

Joined: May 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 107
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
« Reply #2081 on Today at 8:37pm »


Today at 6:35pm, Double_Nought_Spy wrote:
The internet has spawned a whole mess of those pests!


without the internet you'de be glued to your tv for bs news reports and you definately wouldn't be hearing about this nor would you know as much as you do now about many things. why is someone who tries to get more info on their own a pest?
Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged
Nemo492
Forum Peer-Group Member
*****
member is offline




[homepage] [email] [send pm]

Joined: Feb 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 171
Location: Paris, France
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
« Reply #2082 on Today at 8:40pm »


Today at 8:33pm, sqt wrote:

Today at 8:14pm, Nemo492 wrote:


I gave it 1 try. My guess is that a newbee would make it simple :
"radio+ufo"
C2C is #2.


Hmm... why add "radio" to the search?

Because i would be looking for kind of a talk show, like having a speaker online to talk to.
Someone who would be familiar with my type of story.
« Last Edit: Today at 8:43pm by Nemo492 » Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged

http://ovnis-usa.com/
sqt
Full Member
***
member is online




[email] [send pm]

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 21
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
« Reply #2083 on Today at 8:48pm »


Today at 8:40pm, Nemo492 wrote:

Today at 8:33pm, sqt wrote:


Hmm... why add "radio" to the search?

Because i would be looking for kind of a talk show, like having a speaker online to talk to.
Someone who would be familiar with my type of story.


You mean a show he could call in to? You would think that would be the logical next step if he did in fact search for "radio + ufo." But he hasn't called in, has he?
« Last Edit: Today at 8:49pm by sqt » Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged
calikid
Forum Peer-Group Member
*****
member is offline

[avatar]

OOPArts


[email] [send pm]

Joined: Sept 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 236
Location: Sunny California
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
« Reply #2084 on Today at 8:53pm »


Today at 8:15pm, 10538 wrote:

Today at 6:35pm, Double_Nought_Spy wrote:
I think a lot of people here don't understand small towns, and in particular don't know what life is like for a small town cop. As the contacts at the police stations have pointed out, if something like the things in the photos were being seen by locals, you can bet your boots they would know about it. I'll bet they are particularly annoyed by things like the baseless claims here that they could not be trusted to do a real investigation, or to report honestly what they might find. Rubbish!


I know you are thinking this detective is Barney Fife and Capitola is like Mayberry but that is not the case. Capitola is not your usual small town. It's a touristy beach town. There are many of these "towns" that line the beach where you cannot tell when you leave one and enter another unless you saw the sign indicating it.


Very true. Back some years ago when I lived in SantaCruz, the population was something like 30,000 residents. In the summer, the beach crowds would swell to 300,000 people. Cops had to be very good to handle the volume. Professional AND Courteous. Size of the department may be larger than the population would first indicate.

CaliKid
« Last Edit: Today at 8:56pm by calikid » Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged

Question authority and authorities will question you
« »    [Search This Thread] [Add Bookmark] [Reply] [Send Topic To Friend] [Print]
 


Quick Reply
Message:

Shortcut to Quick Reply box: Alt+Q. Shortcut to post message: Alt+S.

The Alien Seeker News

Click to discover what is: - 'Exempt From Disclosure'


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Click Here To Make This Board Ad-Free



This Board Hosted For FREE By ProBoards
Get Your Own Free Message Board!