Dan Smith - May 5th - Part One Dan Smith-May5-07-...
Dan Smith - May 5th - Part Two
Dan Smith-May5-07-...



UFO, ALIEN, DISCLOSURE, SERPO, SEINU, PROJECT-CAMELOT - Open Minds Forum - http://www.openmindsforum.com/
UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed

Jun 7, 2007, 10:00pm





UFO, ALIEN, DISCLOSURE, SERPO, SEINU, PROJECT-CAMELOT - Open Minds Forum - WWW.OpenMindsForum.com :: General :: UFO/ Alien / Exobiology :: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
   [Search This Thread] [Add Bookmark] [Reply] [Send Topic To Friend] [Print]
 Author Topic: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed (Read 16,304 times)
jeddyhi
Co-Administrator
*****
Serpo Forum Co-Founder
member is offline

[avatar]


[email] [send pm]

Joined: Feb 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,317
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
Reply #2115 on Today at 11:16am


Today at 11:01am, TheShadow wrote:

Today at 10:42am, 10538 wrote:
I agree. I am certain that Raj is legit and no more discussion about it is warranted. It may interest you to know that I had found two more witnesses to these drones but neither would come here to answer questions. I took that to mean they were either not willing to subject themselves to cross examination or they were not legit to begin with.

How can you be certain Raj is legit? IMO there must be verification not just gonna believe Raj is legit cuz he made a few posts! You personally found 2 more witnesses? From where? Please give us more details. (Nothing that would give away their identities of course.)

Today at 10:42am, 10538 wrote:

It seems this topic has died off over at ATS. They're back to their usual "I'm coming clean on ETs" topics. So I guess that has caused the drone debunkers to move over here.
Many of us "debunkers" are old timers on this forum that simply want more evidence before we believe whole heartedly in this event.


Lets not confuse a skeptic with a debunker. A skeptic looks at evidence with much scrutiny and remains open to possibilities. A debunker works to prove that a case is false and has made up his/her mind already that a case is bogus. They then do whatever they can to prove they are correct.
Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged

[image]
italiclikeitis
Full Member
***
member is offline




[email] [send pm]

Joined: May 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 26
Location: Ontario, Canada
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
Reply #2116 on Today at 11:19am


Today at 11:06am, whoopeddog wrote:
Okay, I can buy spf33's explanation of the reason for blowing up the photos of the power poles.

Who here has ridiculed Raj, by the way? I think Raj ought to expect some healthy skepticism. If we've seen the last of him, then I guess this whole thing will be left hanging and interest will slowly die off. Even if it's a hoax, spf33's enlargements and analysis show the detail and the work that went into the images, so if it was hoax, it was quite an investment.

If it's real, it would be great to get some corroborating evidence of some kind. I don't think it's particularly helpful for there to be witnesses who decline to be witnesses. It just adds to the noise.

I was looking at the thread where there was that previous issue of the IP address, and there was an email posted there from Ruben Uriarte, who identified himself as the Northern CA MUFON director, who stated tha the "Chad UFO" sighting was under investigation, and a report was forthcoming at some point. He did state that Steve, presumably the same Steve who earlier jumped the gun by posting that this all was a hoax, was an investigator on the case.

I just wonder if there is a report coming out, and if so where and when.



I guess that my point is that it doesn't matter if it is a hoax. Someone presented photos of something. That's it pretty much. It is pretty safe to say that there are technologies that can explain this as some some piece of high tech gear that many of us weren't preveiously made aware of.
Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged
whoopeddog
Full Member
***
member is offline




[email] [send pm]

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 38
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
Reply #2117 on Today at 11:28am

I think it matters a lot whether or not it was a hoax. If it's a hoax, we're talking about a stunt, a technical achievement and something that caused quite a stir. If it's not a hoax, then we're talking about something else entirely.

I have found the technical explanations for how this thing might work to be pretty lame. Because there exist patents or ideas about new propulsion systems that maybe might look like these objects, that's a big stretch to think that these things could be flying around, much less flying around neighborhoods. You also have the reverse approach of people looking at the objects and conjecturing what the arms are or what the spiky things on the top do, and that seems just as far-fetched.

I would just like to hear what else Raj might have to say, if anything, or what Detective Gonzales might have to say, or what the MUFON investigation comes up with. I think we're getting down to twigs and seeds with our nit-picking the photo details.

But then of course, who am I but just some dude who just got caught up in this story late in the game and who is curious to know what the deal is.
Last Edit: Today at 11:29am by whoopeddog Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged
jeddyhi
Co-Administrator
*****
Serpo Forum Co-Founder
member is offline

[avatar]


[email] [send pm]

Joined: Feb 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,317
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
Reply #2118 on Today at 11:34am


Today at 11:19am, italiclikeitis wrote:
I guess that my point is that it doesn't matter if it is a hoax. Someone presented photos of something. That's it pretty much. It is pretty safe to say that there are technologies that can explain this as some some piece of high tech gear that many of us weren't preveiously made aware of.


Therein lies my dilemma. How some are so fast to accept that technology exists for some kind of fantastic anti-gravity device but disregard the fact that proven technology does indeed exist for photo manipulation and CGI hoaxing.

I'm open to the concept that we may have Anti-gravity devices, but I know for a fact we have CGI technology that is available to society. That is the basis for my skepticism! ;D
Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged

[image]
TheShadow
Goldstar Contributer Award
*****
member is offline

[avatar]

"The Shadow Knows!"


[email] [send pm]

Joined: Mar 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,091
Location: USA
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
Reply #2119 on Today at 11:35am

I agree with the above. These pictures have been analyzed to death......and nothing more can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt without more evidence.

Question for Admin: What did Raj's communication say exactly? Have you heard back from him since yesterday? Have you heard back from the Capitola PD again?

Numbers: Please do tell us about these two new witnesses that dont wish to come forward? How did you find them? What general area are they from? whatever you can tell us?
Last Edit: Today at 11:39am by TheShadow Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged
local
New Member
*
member is offline




[email] [send pm]

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 5
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
Reply #2120 on Today at 11:44am

Hi, I've been following this thread since it first started and I've found it fascinating so far.

Some new pictures have just been posted on the UFO Casebook Website...http://www.ufocasebook.com/index.html

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

The narrative accompanying the photographs is as follows...

Hi!
(I found a number of email addresses and was not sure which you checked most, so I just played it safe and sent to all of them. I hope this is okay.

My name is Jenna and I participate in a listserv for photographers in Saratoga, CA. Today a member named Stephen posted some pictures he took yesterday (the 5th) for a class assignment in the area around Big Basin. The pictures very clearly depict some kind of large object in the sky, and he was able to get two clear shots and one out-of-focus shot before it apparently disappeared. I recognized certain details on this object immediately because a friend had sent me your About.com article on different UFOs that have appeared recently with a similar appearance.

Now, I should mention that this is a private listserv for a very close-knit group. I have met almost everyone that participates in person and I have met Stephen in particular many times, so I take his word seriously.

We have been discussing it for the last couple of hours and I suggested we start by sending pictures to your web site since you clearly have some familiarity with this situation so far. Unfortunately I'm not a moderator of this listserv and can't give you access, but I can send you copies of the discussion as it develops if you would like to stay abreast. Let me know.

Stephen has given me permission to contact you with his photos and information and you may email him directly if you wish. We don't have any special need for anonymity on this matter and if you would like to post this email along with the photos you may do so. I would be interested in hearing from the other photographers of this kind of craft in particular and seeing what this is all about! The following is his first listserv email which was sent earlier this afternoon:

'Stephen 06/06/2007 14:42:31 PST


hey guys

okay, where to begin -- yesterday I was up around big basin for my assignment like I've been mentioning for the last couple weeks -- the theme for those that don't remember was photographing something at a small scale against a large scale backdrop to contrast scales and to play with depth of field etc -- I chose to photograph a couple of flower/weed things growing right on the edge of a drop off with the valley in the background -- I'm still using the rebel xt I bought off mark which is slr so I'm looking at everything through a viewfinder when I notice something _appear_ in the distance, like just pop out of nowhere --

I look up and there is this _huge_ who-knows-what-the-xxx _floating_ in the distance and rotating very slowly and jerkily (is that a word lol) -- almost by reflex I take another shot which is focused in on it this time and go to stand up but practically fall over because I cant even think straight --

I was able to get one more shot which came out kind of blurred and then the thing _vanished_ -- like, as in, now you see it now you don't -- I attached the pictures so you guys can check them out before I really decide to do something with them -- are these going to the 6 o'clock news or what -- any feedback would be great before i make a major decision here -- also btw I attached three pictures the first is when it _first_ appeared right as I was taking a shot of the flowers but I wanted you guys to see everything i saw -- sorry I only got 3 pix but this thing was seriously gone in like a matter of secs

also btw -- I am planning to return to the area this weekend with the camera and anyone else who wants to join me -- I'm seriously going to spend all day hiking around to see if it shows up again if it does I am going to get a million shots of this thing if it does -- you seriously have to see it to even believe it so _anyone_ who wants to come me let me know -- the more people that see this the better because I don't even need to tell you that so far this is a pretty crazy situation and I want some witnesses to back me up


stephen

Jenna L.

Freelance/Wedding Photographer



This seems to get more interesting every day!
Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged
10538
Forum Peer-Group Member
*****
member is offline

[avatar]


[email] [send pm]

Joined: Feb 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 247
Location: California
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
Reply #2121 on Today at 11:50am


Today at 11:28am, whoopeddog wrote:

I have found the technical explanations for how this thing might work to be pretty lame. Because there exist patents or ideas about new propulsion systems that maybe might look like these objects, that's a big stretch to think that these things could be flying around, much less flying around neighborhoods. You also have the reverse approach of people looking at the objects and conjecturing what the arms are or what the spiky things on the top do, and that seems just as far-fetched.


You must be able to open your mind to the possibilities. Once you do that these theories become less far fetched. It helps if you have a basic understanding of theoretical physics. But even that is not necessary if you simply consider that all of the mountains of evidence of ET visitation cannot be denied.
Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged
TheShadow
Goldstar Contributer Award
*****
member is offline

[avatar]

"The Shadow Knows!"


[email] [send pm]

Joined: Mar 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,091
Location: USA
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
Reply #2122 on Today at 11:52am

This thing has more attachments than a swiss army knife!!!
Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged
whoopeddog
Full Member
***
member is offline




[email] [send pm]

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 38
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
Reply #2123 on Today at 11:52am

Now spf33 should have something to chew on!
Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged
TheShadow
Goldstar Contributer Award
*****
member is offline

[avatar]

"The Shadow Knows!"


[email] [send pm]

Joined: Mar 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,091
Location: USA
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
Reply #2124 on Today at 11:53am


Today at 11:50am, 10538 wrote:
You must be able to open your mind to the possibilities. Once you do that these theories become less far fetched. It helps if you have a basic understanding of theoretical physics. But even that is not necessary if you simply consider that all of the mountains of evidence of ET visitation cannot be denied.


I dont think anyone is denying the possibility of ET visitation........just not sure that is the case with this instance!
Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged
whoopeddog
Full Member
***
member is offline




[email] [send pm]

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 38
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
Reply #2125 on Today at 11:56am


Today at 11:50am, 10538 wrote:

Today at 11:28am, whoopeddog wrote:

I have found the technical explanations for how this thing might work to be pretty lame. Because there exist patents or ideas about new propulsion systems that maybe might look like these objects, that's a big stretch to think that these things could be flying around, much less flying around neighborhoods. You also have the reverse approach of people looking at the objects and conjecturing what the arms are or what the spiky things on the top do, and that seems just as far-fetched.


You must be able to open your mind to the possibilities. Once you do that these theories become less far fetched. It helps if you have a basic understanding of theoretical physics. But even that is not necessary if you simply consider that all of the mountains of evidence of ET visitation cannot be denied.


Your point is well taken, especially in light of the new photos. I certainly do believe that "something is out there," but it's hard to sort out the signal from the noise. It will be interesting to see what develops now.
Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged
TheShadow
Goldstar Contributer Award
*****
member is offline

[avatar]

"The Shadow Knows!"


[email] [send pm]

Joined: Mar 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,091
Location: USA
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
Reply #2126 on Today at 11:58am

Okay this to me is a flaming indication that something fishy is going on. Notice how every set of pictures has new gadgets....as if someone is adding to their creation as time goes on. Of course that is just my opinion (necessary disclaimer to avoid my impending banning) and i guess time will tell if these witnesses are indeed not going to remain anonymous!
Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged
spf33
Medal of Initiative Award
*****
member is online




[email] [send pm]

Joined: May 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 172
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
Reply #2127 on Today at 11:58am


Today at 11:52am, whoopeddog wrote:
Now spf33 should have something to chew on!


ha! i called it days ago...all part of the same craft.
someone is watching this thread.

no exif data in the images!
Last Edit: Today at 12:01pm by spf33 Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged
10538
Forum Peer-Group Member
*****
member is offline

[avatar]


[email] [send pm]

Joined: Feb 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 247
Location: California
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
Reply #2128 on Today at 12:02pm

Wow. Impressive photos from Big Basin. In case you are wondering, Big Basin is located about 30 miles northwest of Capitola.
[image]
Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged
emerald
Junior Member
**
member is offline




[email] [send pm]

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 15
 Re: UFO -'best yet'? up close and detailed
Reply #2129 on Today at 12:08pm

Geez!
I should be delighted to see more photos of this/these object/s.

But instead I'm begining to feel as though I'm being toyed with.

If we don't get a witness or some media this time I'm likely to just duck out of it.
Link to Post - Back to Top  IP: Logged
   [Search This Thread] [Add Bookmark] [Reply] [Send Topic To Friend] [Print]
 


Quick Reply
Message:

Shortcut to Quick Reply box: Alt+Q. Shortcut to post message: Alt+S.

The Alien Seeker News

Click to discover what is: - 'Exempt From Disclosure'


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Click Here To Make This Board Ad-Free



This Board Hosted For FREE By ProBoards
Get Your Own Free Message Board!